The Technical Support Analyst II works as a member of the company's Technical Support Team, providing Tier I and II technical assistance to Voxtell’s clients, partners, and internal employees.
You will manage escalated support cases regarding the company's hosted Unified Communications and Contact Center platforms.
In this role, you will provide guidance to Tier I associates and work collaboratively with fellow team members to take a holistic approach to customer technical support issues.
This position reports to the Technical Services Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Field incoming customer support requests via telephone in a courteous and professional manner
- Respond to assigned tickets/tasks efficiently and quickly to achieve daily and monthly metrics
- Understand and diagnose issues related to user, network, and/or security settings, server administration, and hardware/software failures.
- Interact and escalate issues with the company's vendors and third-party groups
- Specialize in working issues for the company's Unified Communications solutions
- Manage and troubleshoot high-profile and complex technical issues while achieving customer satisfaction
- Provide accurate and timely updates to customers and management on the status of urgent and high-profile issues
- Accurately document and update support interactions in the company's ticketing system (Jira)
- Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement in terms of efficiency of processes & customer satisfaction, and optimization
- Develop and maintain training for team members for their professional growth and expertise
- Participate in on-call rotations to include nights, weekends, holidays
- Any other duties as assigned by management
Skills you'll bring
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily based on company standards.
The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job successfully.
- Must be fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience workzeding with VoIP
- 3+ years experience in a technical support environment
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Fast learner with the ability to self-teach and dig through documentation
- Hold an industry-recogni certification for networking (CCNA/NCIA/Net+)
- Linux administration experience preferred with exposure to the following: Apache, MySQL, SMTP, IPTABLES
- Deep understanding of SIP routing and VoIP protocols and their key quality metrics (Delay, Jitter, packet loss)
- Working knowledge and understanding of service management principles (incident, problem, change management)
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills
- Health & welfare benefits (Health, Vision, Dental) eligible after 30 days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
At Voxtell, we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion – irrespective of origins, identity, background, and orientation – are core to our journey.
We pride ourselves on promoting active inclusion within our business to foster a strong sense of belonging for all. We’re working to create a place filled with diverse people who can enrich and learn from one another.
We’re committed to ensuring that everyone not only has a seat at the table but is valued and respected at it by providing equal opportunities to develop and thrive.
We will constantly challenge ourselves to ensure that we live up to our ambitions around diversity, equity, and inclusion and keep this conversation open. Above all else, we understand and acknowledge that we have work to do and much to learn.