The Technical Support Analyst role is responsible for all front-line support incidents and requests from Voxtell clients to our Support Center. This role provides a quality response to omnichannel requests for technical support and strives towards same-day resolution while achieving high client satisfaction.
We are looking for people who are energetic, bright, and self-confident, someone that can thrive in a fun, fast-paced work environment. This is an entry-level position within our Technical Services department and an excellent opportunity to grow your career at one of the best Unified Communications service providers in the State. This position reports to the Technical Services Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Field incoming customer support requests via telephone in a courteous and professional manner
- Respond to assigned tickets/tasks efficiently and quickly to achieve daily and monthly metrics
- Provide accurate and timely updates to our customers and document through our trouble ticketing system
- Use company monitoring tools to assess changes in network health and performance; take appropriate action if an event occurs
- Provide remote customer support for Network/Data services and solutions
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations and escalate issues to higher-level technicians accordingly
- Interact and escalate issues with Voxtell’s vendors and third-party groups
- Understand and diagnose issues related to user or account configuration on our UC Platforms
- Create and configure accounts or perform moves, adds, and changes for hosted UC accounts
- Provision Voxtell supported SIP endpoints, routers, and/or telephones to customer specifications
- Configure, update, or troubleshoot carrier-side routing and/or forwarding of DIDs
- Accurately identify the stage of the customer account lifecycle and triage requests to the appropriate department
- Maintain detailed records of customer interactions, reported issues, and completed solutions, along with any further actions required of support or management
- Ensure responsibilities are covered/transitioned at the end of the shift
- Any other duties as assigned by management
Skills you'll bring
- Must be fluent in English (both written and verbal)
- High school diploma and willingness to learn through on-the-job training
- 1+ years of customer service experience, preferably in a call center, technical support, or help desk environment
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to management direction
- Ability to address customer requests quickly and effectively, striving for first-call resolution
- Ability to multi-task in a customer-oriented, fast-paced team environment while collaborating with others
- Ability to distinguish low-impact from high-impact issues with little direction
- Must have a general understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Ability to troubleshoot office network peripherals and systems such as IP cameras, printers, scanners, etc.
- Experience and skill with end-user IT hardware, installation, and basic configuration
- Must possess a working knowledge of PC and Mac operating systems as well as Microsoft Office applications
- Expertise in the telecommunication industry is a big plus
- Linux, CentOS, RHEL, and Ubuntu knowledge is a plus
- Any certifications such as A+, N+, MCP, MCSA/MCSE, and CCNA certifications are a plus
- If you speak Spanish and, or Portuguese is a big plus
- Health & welfare benefits (Health, Vision, Dental) eligible after 30 days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
At Voxtell, we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion – irrespective of origins, identity, background, and orientation – are core to our journey.
We pride ourselves on promoting active inclusion within our business to foster a strong sense of belonging for all. We’re working to create a place filled with diverse people who can enrich and learn from one another. We’re committed to ensuring that everyone not only has a seat at the table but is valued and respected at it by providing equal opportunities to develop and thrive.
We will constantly challenge ourselves to ensure that we live up to our ambitions around diversity, equity, and inclusion and keep this conversation open. Above all else, we understand and acknowledge that we have work to do and much to learn.